LT70/LT70WIDE HEAVY DUTY
TV4000 & TV6000 (TITAN)
Smart Log Processing
HR2000-1 & HR2000-2 (TITAN)
HR4000 & HR6000 (TITAN)
Edgers & MultiRips
MR3000 & MR5000 (TITAN)
EA1000 & EA3000 (TITAN)
Blades & Knives
Circular Saw Blades
Multirip Saw Blades
Rip Saw Blades
Crosscut Saw Blades
Saw Blades For Panels
Swing Sawmill Blades
Planer and Jointer Knives
Frame Saw Blades
Sawmill bed attachment
wood-mizer, woodmizer, sawmills, mobile sawmill, stationary sawmill, blades, bandsaw blades, timber processing, log processing line, portable sawmills, saw mill, Wood-Mizer Europe
Professional and industrial sawmills, sawmill blades and blade maintenance equipment for the professional timber producer.
How To & Tips
wood-mizer news, wood-mizer updates, new sawmills, press, sawmill news, Wood-Mizer Europe, sawmill customers, sawmilling articles
News and articles from Wood-Mizer about latest product releases and success stories from sawmill customers around the world.
Wood-Mizer Europe, about Wood-Mizer, Wood-Mizer history, who is Wood-Mizer, Wood-Mizer company
Welcome to the European website of Wood-Mizer Industries – the world leader in the portable and stationary narrow band sawmill and bandsaw blade markets.
Wood-Mizer contact, Wood-Mizer dealers, Wood-Mizer international, Contact form, newsletter, contact us, catalog pre-order, Wood-Mizer address, phone number, woodmizer contact info
Find contact information for Wood-Mizer's offices around the world or fill in the form to send us a message, request price quotes, get a catalogue and more!
How To & Tips
How To & Tips
Wednesday, March 16, 2022
Wood-Mizer Blade Spotlight: DoubleHARD
Field tested in demanding sawing applications throughout the world,
blades are the flagship and workhorse sawmill blade that sawyers have trusted for decades. DoubleHARD blades earned their name because Wood-Mizer starts with
a high-quality alloy steel and induction hardens the tooth tip
, resulting in a durable and reliable blade that delivers twice the toughness and twice the sharp life compared to standard carbon blades.
There’s a reason why DoubleHARD is one of the industry’s most popular sawmill blade. DoubleHARD blades are tough, durable, and
won’t chip or wear down prematurely
. Each tooth is precisely set by computer-controlled equipment and
completely profile ground tip to tip using super abrasive CBN grinding technology
to ensure the highest quality blade performance for any type of sawing application. All Wood-Mizer blades are quality checked for performance throughout more than 100 tests and inspections from the selection of raw materials to the final grind.
See what Wood-Mizer sawmill owners say about DoubleHARD blades.
"On our farm, we cut oak with these blades. We've never had a problem with DoubleHARD," says Copford Farm owner Alex Gingell from England.
"I used to try different blades, but finally, I chose DoubleHARD due to its longer life. They provide the best cost per volume of sawn product. The use [of DoubleHARD blades] has paid off," says Oleksandr Gaydarzhi, a sawmill owner from Ukraine.
“The DoubleHARD blade is a very good blade and very affordable. It’s great for cutting both hardwood and softwood,” says Mohd Nazmi, a schoolteacher and carpenter from Malaysia who has opened his furniture shop.
With more than 100,000 sawmills operating throughout 100+ countries, Wood-Mizer is dedicated to manufacturing blade
profiles that can cut any species of timber in any part of the world.
Wood-Mizer offers DoubleHARD blades in a wide range of widths, thicknesses, and profiles suited for common and more specialized cutting needs. The available selection of DoubleHARD blades offers unmatched cutting flexibility across the board, whether you need to cut frozen lumber, softwoods, hardwoods, knotty woods, or in situations where kerf is critical.
- Lowest hook angle for sawing frozen, dense hardwoods and knotty softwoods.
- Solid, all-around profile with a good gullet capacity for higher horsepower (25HP (18 kW) or more) sawing in hardwoods.
- Only available from Wood-Mizer, this high performing profile with an aggressive 39° back angle is engineered specifically for extreme and exotic hardwoods when sawing with higher horsepower (25HP or more) equipment.
– Only available from Wood-Mizer, this profile is compatible with all horsepower levels and features a deeper capacity gullet for increased sawdust removal, extreme 47° back angle for faster sawing speeds, and sharp penetrating points for increased sawing accuracy.
- Ideal blade for lower horsepower (24HP (18 kW) or less) sawing frozen wood, hardwood, and small diameter logs.
- Very popular all-purpose blade for all horsepower levels sawing mixed hardwoods such as red oak, cherry, walnut, soft maple, and poplar.
- Only available from Wood-Mizer, this unique dust-removal profile has more gullet capacity to remove sawdust from the board.
Contact your local Wood-Mizer representative
to order DoubleHARD blades.